Our Most Popular Links:
WHAT WE STRIVE FOR:
The goal of Newspaper In Education (NIE) is to reach students and provide quality information to improve literacy and basic skills, develop lifelong learning, and promote citizenship. As the younger generation seeks to be connected at all times, it is vital to reach them with current information at the time and place and in the format of their choosing. Calkins Media is committed to providing news in formats that are relevant to local students. Online digital editions - exact replicas of the Bucks County Courier Times, the Burlington County Times and The Intelligencer - are available to classrooms at no cost through the NIE Sponsorship Program. E-editions can be used effectively in classrooms on individual computers, as well as with larger groups via interactive white boards and LCD projectors. Apps are also available for the i-Phone, i-Pad and i-Pod Touch. E-editions help engage young people with reliable, up-to-date information and allow them to stay informed in an environmentally-friendly format. Businesses and individuals are invited to join us as “Partners in Education,” providing e-editions to students and timely NIE resources to teachers via the NIE web site.
Benefits of Online
- Current, updates the textbook.
- Sparks students' interest to learn.
- "Turns on" the "turned off" student.
- Expands a student's area of interest.
- Something of interest for everyone.
- Offers a variety of readability levels.
- Contains practical information.
- Deals with the real world.
- Creative teaching tool.
- Enhances cooperative efforts.
- Assists teachers in meeting the PA edu. standards.
- School budget bargain.
MOST OF ALL, IT'S FUN...
and now it’s environmentally-friendly!