NIE is an acronym for Newspaper In Education, a nationwide program in which school textbooks and teaching materials are supplemented by print or digital online newspapers.
The Newspaper In Education Program is a cooperative effort of The Bucks County Courier Times, the Burlington County Times and The Intelligencer working with local schools to utilize the newspaper as a dynamic teaching tool.
NIE encourages use of e-editions in the classroom to help children understand our changing world and reinforce basic skills. The NIE program is part of a national effort to increase student desire and ability to read news and other forms of literature.
E-editions in the classroom connect students with their community, their nation and the world.
|Why use the e-edition?
- It's Current. It Updates the Textbook.
- It's Motivational.
- It Sparks Students' Interest to Learn.
- It "Turns On" the "Turned Off" Student.
- It Expands a Student's Area of Interest.
- It Contains Something of Interest for Everyone.
- It Has a Variety of Readability Levels.
- It Contains Practical Information.
- It Deals With the Real World.
- It's a Creative Teaching Tool.
- It Enhances Cooperative Efforts.
- It Assists Teachers in Meeting the PA Education Standards.
- It's a School Budget Bargain.
|MOST OF ALL, IT'S FUN...
and now it’s environmentally-friendly!