Digital additions available right at your fingertips!
We know students like to be online… so why not try our digital editions of the newspapers? With internet access, you can read the Courier Times, The Intelligencer or the Burlington County Times on your computer or other electronic devices. You can see all the stories and photos, plus you can save, print and send articles with the click of a button. It’s simple, flexible and convenient. Ask your teacher if your class is signed up so you can login today!
This feature provides exciting new content weekly to help you become informed and involved newspaper readers by learning about a recent newsmaker and focusing on a major news story. It also provides general NIE activities written on three different levels and specified links that will enable you to go in-depth to learn more about each week’s topics. Finally a weekly quiz challenges you with ten multiple-choice questions about recent stories in the news.
Online Interactive Modules
- Word of the Day - An great vocabulary builder, terrific for SAT practice.
- Quote of the Day - An inspirational quote and writing prompt.
- Around the Globe - Headlines from around the world with an interactive globe.
- Comparing News Stories - A brief news story and a writing lesson, updated daily.
- Lesson Plans A La Mode - 10+ lessons. LA, Math, Science & Social Studies timed to this week's events.
- Activity Sheet - Can be printed and distributed to students.
- Newsie+K-3" - A video and news activity for students in grades K-3.
- Video News Views - A video and news poll activity for grades 4 and higher. Updated weekly.
- Write the News - A weekly in-depth writing assignment with instructions and news connection.
- From the Core - Informational text with a self-assessment comprehension quiz. Updated weekly.
- Page One Prime - An in-depth look at a story making news this week.